Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output one row per iteration to a render tool and then repeat untill all rows are rendered

varundcs
7 - Meteor
Dear Team,
I have 10 rows of customer information (customer name,address,zip,total spend,organization )

I want to create a single pdf per customer. So in my case I would have 10 seperate pdf file as output.

The output pdf would have the single customer information formatted and designed using the "report tool and render tool". The reason is later I want to send email to individual customers with their details right within alteryx.

In short, (1)take single row (2) output the row as pdf (3)loop again to pick the second row and output as pdf
(4) repeat above untill all 10 rows are output to a pdf
Something like below python code
for i in range(10):
print(df[i])
i=i+1

Should I use iterative macro or it's possible without it as well.
Any pointers and samples appreciated. Thanks in advance for helping.
3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @varundcs!

Just use this functionality in the render tool to generate different reports for each customer:

GroupRenderTool.PNG

Cheers,

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I don't think you need a macro in this case.

The render tool has an option to group data into separate reports. So if you have a field that has some kind of customer ID, you can use this to generate an individual report per customer.

group into seperate reports.png

varundcs
7 - Meteor

Thanks Thableaus & David for quick turnaround. I really appreciate it.  Iam able to achieve the desired results.

The other thing iam stuck at is the email component.  Is there a way to use the email component to send multiple email attachments in one email.

For instance,  In the "container 45" i am having the email component which is currently sending the email attachments dynamically.

However, I want to send one email with three attachments to the recipient varun123@gmail.com

Similarly , only one email with one attachment to the recipient sanjay123@yahoo.com

component "Browse39" would help decide how many email attachments to send. Is there a direct method. Any pointers or help. 

Please advice how this can be achieved.

Labels