Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output of Text to Column

Vis_dup_348
5 - Atom

To view the output of an excel data that is formatted using Text to Columns tool, I connected the Output Data tool to it. However, after running the workflow, I constantly get error as 'Cannot access the folder'.

What is wrong with my flow?

9 REPLIES 9
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can you include a screenshot or workflow with some sample data?

Vis_dup_348
5 - Atom

Hi Mbarone,

Thank you for responding to my query. I found the mistake I made. I didn't specify a location for the output file to be saved. That's why it was showing the error.

Thanks a lot 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Glad to hear you sorted it out 🙂 @Vis_dup_348 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Welcome!

Vis_dup_348
5 - Atom

I have a doubt to ask. What is the difference between Output tool & Browse tool?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@Vis_dup_348 

Output tool write to a file.

Brows tool is only for viewing data it disappears once you close designer.

Hope this helps🙂

Vis_dup_348
5 - Atom

😀yeahh got it!!!! Thanks...

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Vis_dup_348. It looks like you were able to solve your questions. This is perfect. However, I am moving your post to the Designer Discussions board which is the best place to ask questions so other users can also use the thread to help with their own questions. 

Flávia Brancato
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Vis_dup_348, just for reference, I recommend taking a look in our Tool Mastery Index to dig into some of our most popular tools like the Output and Browse😉

Flávia Brancato
Labels