Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output multiple files to different excel tabs

alexandramannerings
8 - Asteroid

Hi! Is there a reasonable way to export mutliple Alteryx outputs into the same excel file under different tabs? I found this explanation (http://community.alteryx.com/Data-Blending/In-Out/Output-different-files-to-multiple-tabs-in-an-Exce...) but it doesn't work for me (Plus even if it did I really don't like the "table" function because I loose all my decimal points and have to go in one by one to my 60 fields and change it to include multiple decimal points). Any thoughts?

25 REPLIES 25
gurujo
7 - Meteor

I've tried just changing the worksheet name, it worked for me , its giving output file different sheets

MatthieuArzel
7 - Meteor

Thanks you. This concurential writing has bothering me for hours !

asaradha
5 - Atom

When we use the tool Block until done, is it possible for me to drop more than 3 sheets??? because, the Tool shows only 3 anchors.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Emanuelis ,

I put together a basic macro that I think does what you need.

You'll need to input your file paths etc.

The workflow takes four streams, representing disparate data sources, which are then given a source identifier and merged into one stream. They are then given fullpath fields and fed into an iterative macro:

mceleavey_0-1586284309842.png

The macro simply iterates through each instance and outputs to the dynamically created fullpath which includes a sheet variable:

mceleavey_1-1586284362259.png

Really simple, but does the trick.

Let me know if this helps.

M.

M.

Bulien

Jocelyn1
6 - Meteoroid

I can't import the workflow due to different version TT

Ris007
5 - Atom

Hi @MikeN - Thanks this is working fine BUT when I am trying to use this in the Alteryx Application it is only showing one tab Output file.  

daniellefzimmerman
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you! The solution worked perfectly!

etim
5 - Atom

Thank you it helped !

pravinp33
5 - Atom

while doing this, an we keep the consolidated original data in sheet1 and name it as 'Summary'

Gina2021
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mceleavey , Thanks for posting here. I see it's over a year old, but I'd love to see the macro config and it's coming in as a black question mark with the package that I cant't open.  Do you happen to remember how it worked? I just reviewed my first iterative macro example, so I'm a kindergardener. Thanks!  

Labels