Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output multiple Excels with several tabs

Jswartz5
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Alteryx Community!

Right now I am trying to export each unique entity id as it own excel sheet with each excel sheet have 3 tabs with different information (meaning if I have 7 unique entity ids then I should get 7 excel workbooks each workbook with 3 tabs); whats the best way to do this?

6 REPLIES 6
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Jswartz5 

You would need to use the Formula tool to create a new field 'FilePath', which you would then be able to define the file path as well as the specific tabs that you want to save the data to.

This would require building the logic into the Formula tool to make sure the right ID's went to the correct tabs.

Do you have a sample of those ID's and the desired output? We could then show you how the configuration would look

Thanks

Will

Jswartz5
6 - Meteoroid

I have attach an excel with one tab being the sample ids and what the 3 tabs look like

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

The attached workflow will show you how to achieve this. The first portion of the workflow that I have placed into a container is where you will need to build in your own logic which determines which ID's go to which files and tabs - I have just created this for a sample.

The Formula tool after the Join is then used to build the logic for a filepath for each record in your data. Then in the final output you are then changing the output based on this entire full path.

You will of course need to update the folder destinations as well when building this for your work.

Let me know if you have any questions on the above.

Thanks

Will

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@Jswartz5 

Which of the columns in the 3 reference sheets matches with the Ids in the Sample entity Ids sheet?

Dan

Jswartz5
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much, I was able to apply this logic to get my workflow to output correctly!

-Jackie

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Perfect! In that case, can you mark this solution accepted so that other users in the community can also benefit if they have a similar issue.

Thanks

Will

Labels