Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output in specified template format

manu_sept
7 - Meteor

Greetings, 

To give a idea
I have used render tool to get the required data into different excel files based on the record ID.

The issues is I need the output in a specified format. 

Attaching a sample 

Template: Desired Output

Actual Output: Output from render tool

Looking forward to hearing it from the experts 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @manu_sept 

While I'm no expert on the reporting tools in Alteryx, I would think that getting them to output this exact template with colors, etc, might not be possible. 

You can however output your data to not only a specified sheet in Excel, but also a specified range. I would consider doing something along those lines. Its also possible to have your workflow create a new copy of the template using the Run Command tool. 

You can see an example of how this is done from the solution on this thread: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Outputting-multiple-excel-files-using-...

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Thanks!

Phil

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @manu_sept 

To get this kind of output, you need to define a series of row and column rules in the table tool.  For example, to get all the green backgrounds in column 3, you'd use something like this as column rule on column F3

w.png

The formula has to be something that evaluates to true or 1 and specifies the condition when it should apply the rule to the cells in this column

To get the text in the first column to large, centered, white on grey, use a row rule that applies to row # == 1

r.png

The attached workflow only includes examples for the some of the formatting, but it should be enough to get you started 

o.png

This image shows the table in a browse tool, but the results are maintained when written to excel as well.  

Dan

manu_sept
7 - Meteor

Thanks Phil  for your quick reply
But using render tool I have separated the "n" files based on a group ID 

Sheet named "actual output" is my output from render file with data in the adjacent column and I want to replicate the data in the in the sheet template format 

I tried working the with the inputs based on your suggestions but I am not able to get desired output 

Pls advice if I can do anything about it

manu_sept
7 - Meteor

Thanks Dan 

You have solved one of the major hurdle in my workflow by giving an valuable information. 

But I am still not able to figure it out how to get my Output that is sheet "actual output" into sheet " template format" 

Like mapping the results  with the exact column and row 

Ex: ("Value" is located at H1 in actual output but I would need that in C1)

Pls advice 

Labels