Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output in desired format but also with today's date

mboroto_89
8 - Asteroid

i want to generate my output files in specific/desired format where by i don't have to keep opening the excel file and bolden the first row, change background colour to yellow and also have the all borders in the data. Additionally i want the output to come out reading with today's date for instance Output Report as at 18.08.2021.

See below the desired output format but also to include the date in the filename in the end as Output Report as at 18.08.2021

12 REPLIES 12
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Got it.  In that case, you would take your date field that's already in your workflow (call it "MyDate") and incorporate that into a dynamic text string that will be your full output file path name.

You'd create a new field with a formula field, I call it OutputPath, and the formula would be:

"C:\users\mbarone\desktop\MyExcelFile_"+[MyDate]+".xlsx|||Sheet1"

And then in your output tool, check that same box at the bottom ("Take File/Table Name From Field"), but use the drop down option of "Change Entire File Path".

That should do it.  

KSassone
8 - Asteroid

Nicely done - that worked !!  Thank you !!!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Glad to hear it; you're welcome!

Labels