Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output in defined sheet position

Rahul_Analyst
9 - Comet

Hi everyone,

I have a workflow as a sample attached. I just want to get output in the position of sheet 2 in an excel file. Means, I want to set an order in the excel file which I am getting from output in this workflow where Sheet1 should be empty and my output excel file should be at the 2nd position. 

What should I do in the attached workflow to get the attached sample output.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Rahul_Analyst 

Here's how you can ensure the order of the sheet in your workbook

danilang_0-1645366670555.png

The top part of the workflow writes an (almost) empty sheet as sheet1.  It's not completely empty, since you have to pass something to get the sheet created.  In this case there is a single space in cell A1.  The bottom part is your workflow with a synchronizer block added to ensure that the empty sheet1 is finished and the file is closed before sheet 2 starts writing.  The Sync block summarizes the output of the top part into a single row, which is unioned with the data from your workflow.  The filter and select tool remove the added row and then the added column to pass your data unchanged to the output.

Dan 

Rahul_Analyst
9 - Comet

@danilang ,

Thank you so much for the response. However, it is giving me one excel file only as an output. 

How can I get separated files as mentioned in the path group (name) ?

Thanks!

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

@Rahul_Analyst if you want multiple Excel files you need to have a field with the full path, then use this field in the output data tool. Example: C:\Users\username\Downloads\File1.xlsx|||Sheet1.

Rahul_Analyst
9 - Comet

@gabrielvilella , @danilang and I have used it in the workflow. Please see my attached workflow field name is created (path) and used it in output. 

However, I think still somewhere we unable to use it with untill block tool to get the desired output. 

Thanks,

Rahul 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

@Rahul_Analyst on your data output tool you have the Alteryx Database file format. Please change it to Excel and overwrite sheet. 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Rahul_Analyst,

As per request, this is a workflow that should help you with your problem. 

Rahul_Analyst
9 - Comet

Thank you, Emil. It worked.

Labels