Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output going to a temp folder

JoePrespare
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am working on an app that when I test in debug mode, populates with the correct path to folder where I want my output to go, but when I run it, it returns with a file path to a temp directory. 

For the life of me, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@JoePrespare 

In the workflow you're using the Folder Browse rather than the File Browse tool and have the action tool configured to replace the entire path. As a result this will replace the file path with a folder path which is not what you want to do here I believe.

The real problem though is that you have the Output data tools configured to Take the file/table name from a field so whatever you pass through the interface tools will be dynamically replaced by the path you're passing from the Formula tool as FILENAME. The FILENAME however only specifies the name of the file and you're telling Alteryx to Change the Entire File Path. If the folder structure is not defined, Alteryx will translate it as a relative path and save the file in the directory where the workflow runs from.

JoePrespare
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @MichalM 

I missed that setting. I changed my folder browse to a file browse, then changed the "Take File/Table Name From Field" to "change File/Table Name" and that worked beautifully. Thanks for the insight.

joe

Labels