Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output formating

AnkitDesai
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am currently working on a project which is almost completed but got stock as I am not able to retain the format ( as a table) in the output as excel file. 

I am able to get the output as a table and render tool. The final output file have data for 3 regions ( Say A,B and C) but when i get the output connected to an excel (using Output tool), all i can get is the correct data in 3 different sheets but without formatting.

I made use of table and render tool to create 3 different excel sheets as per region, but now I need to manually collate in 1 single excel sheet.

Is there a way where i can combine the 3 different excel sheets created as a part of render tool above into 1 sheets with different tabs and retain the formatting of text as well?

Hope my ask is clear.

Thanks,

Ankit

7 REPLIES 7
Inactive User
Not applicable

Formatting requires rendering and the use of report tools. Use the table tool to create the table. Then you can use layout tools to arrange each table into one sheet and keep formatting. Alternatively, you can write out each table into a separate sheet in the one workbook; all needs to use rendering though as the final step.

AnkitDesai
6 - Meteoroid
Sorry, I forgot to mention earlier. I already used Render tool to get the output in designated format. But now I have output in 3 different Excels as compared to my requirement of 1 excel sheet with 3 different tabs ( as per Region). Could you please confirm how can get it collated into file keeping the Formatting intact. Thanks, Ankit
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's an example I put together that shows how multiple tables can be rendered as named sheets using Reporting tools.

AnkitDesai
6 - Meteoroid
Thanks Charlie, it worked 🙂
leebria3
8 - Asteroid

@CharlieS , Thank you for this example. Is there a way to show "c" tab first in the output?

For exmple, excel output tab in the order of tab C, Tab A, Tab B in your example. 

leebria3_0-1667532034384.png

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@leebria3  unfortunately in this case, the sheets will always be rendered in alphabetic order. If you want to force another order, I recommend using a numeric prefix.

For example:
1_C

2_A

3_B

leebria3
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, @CharlieS 

Labels