Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output for Linear Regression Help

pchong
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to save a copy of Linear Regression output (both from R and I anchor), and looking for some help/advice.

My goal is to output the regression table (Summary, Residuals, Coefficients, Standard error, Response etc) into a tabular form.

Obviously Output Data did not work right away, I probably have to process it first but am not sure how.

I tried on some R tools and macro from the community but they don't work somehow.

pchong_0-1661801203583.png

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @pchong try using the Render Tool from the Reporting Tool category. If you look inside the Regression Tool which is a Macro you will see the data coming from the Report Anchor is made of Reporting Tools to produce the report.

pchong
8 - Asteroid

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the reply.

It is working for R anchor, what about the I anchor? 

I can't seem to output anything from there.

Can you please provide guidance on the configuration?

Thank you!

pchong_0-1661864015715.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @pchong the I anchor might be more troublesome as it's a interactive report meant for the user to investigate during the process of development. Does the information from the R anchor not suffice?

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It's not going to create a table but you can Render the interactive output if you insert a Layout tool first, see attached.

pchong
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JosephSerpis ,

The output from R is good.

I guess I could just take screenshots from I anchor if needed (just wondering if there's a better / cleaner way to do it).

The main purpose is to show users without Alteryx the statistical results.

pchong
8 - Asteroid

Hi @NeilR 

The HTML format looks great!

I tried doing PDF and Excel, not that great. They don't even display the full page. 

I understand it is interactive, so that's probably why.

For the temporary HTML file, is it possible for me to save or share the link ?

Thanks.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes you can send the HTML file to people and they can view it in their browser.  Just change the Render tool configuration from Temporary HTML File to Specific Output File.

NeilR_0-1661890109987.png

Labels