Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output folder keeps changing

skeen503979
8 - Asteroid

I've noticed when I close Alteryx and reopen the output destination folder changes to the temp folder below.  I have saved the actual workflow to my Alteryx gallery. 

Why does the destination folder change from what I want it to be (desktop)?

skeen503979_0-1581954519142.png

skeen503979_1-1581954663920.png

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @skeen503979,

Would need to check your workflow for that. It seems you are working on a workflow downloaded from the gallery or imported from an alteryx package?

Without having a better chance to look at it can't really say much more.

Regards

skeen503979
8 - Asteroid

@afv2688 

Correct, I have saved the workflow I created to my Gallery thinking "the cloud" is a better practice to save than my hard drive.  Is this why the output destination resets to a temp folder each time?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @skeen503979,

Yes, that is the issue. Every time you download and do some edits on the workflow, if you try to run them you will se the paths have been changed to _external.

Would recommend you to keep always a copy of your workflow and not only the one in the gallery to save yourself some time from modifying the paths.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

skeen503979
8 - Asteroid

@afv2688 

Understood, thanks so much for explaining. 

Labels