Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output file name

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

Hi  team

How do I change the output file name to change based on a set format automatically 

Say everyday an I run it.. It will look at the date and based on today's date output.. 

schoolforkids02012020

The schoolforkids remains static just the date changes in the output file name (csv) . How do I do this? 

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @henrygeorge you will need to use the Append Suffix to File/Table Name in the Output Data tool. I mocked up a workflow to demonstrate this.

Output020202020.JPG

atamertarslan
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JosephSerpis,

Your solution works well for me with csv. However, when I want to use the same logic of appending a text to the already existing file name in the case of Excel, it does not work. Instead, it creates a sheet with that name.

How can I append some text to the file name in Excel format? In my case only replacing the full path works but I would like to append text to the file name.

Best,

Atamert

Labels