community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

Gather all 9 clues to complete the final Weekly Challenge on Dec 16!

Learn More

Output data using Table and Render changes all data to Number format.

Meteor

I am using Table and Render to create a report with formatting so it has a better look to it.  The issue is that when the report comes out, all the data is formatted as numbers, including the dates.  When the file is opened in Excel, sorting and filtering useless because all the formatting is Number.  If I use the Output tool, the data stays in the correct format but the look is not as appealing.  Does anyone know of a way to correct this issue?

RENDER.png

The output tool is the format I need and I cannot figure out how to get this via the Render tool.  Any ideas are appreciated

Alteryx Certified Partner

hi @oneillp111 

Can you attach a sample of your workflow + data to see what may be happening?

Meteor

I have attached a small sample set.  The output Overall_Bin_Report is what I need the data to look like, however all the data has become Numbers.

Hi @oneillp111 

I went over all possibilities on your workflow, and couldn't get a date type field in the generated report vía Render tool.

This may be a case to contact support@alteryx.com and see if this is a "by design" feature.

Meteor

@aguisande ,

Thanks for the help. I will check with them

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

You are running into a known defect: 

DE21616 - Render tool to Excel will be in number format regardless of the data type.

It only appears to be a problem when using the Render tool to create Excel files, even in the Gallery. The Output Data tool appears sets the fields appropriately.

As a workaround, you can manually change the format of the column or cells in the Excel directly.

Meteor

@ntobon ,

Thanks for the info, That would not be an issue for me except that I email the report from Alteryx to various people and having to change formats is not ideal for a final report.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Labels