Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output data to oracle database table having multiple primary keys

Youssef_BenSalem
7 - Meteor

Hello community :D

Is it possible to use alteryx to ouput data from workflow to a table having multiple primary keys? I am using the update , insert if new in the output tool. But i have error "violation of unique constraint" for the table primary key 🔑 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi @Youssef_BenSalem ,

We're using Oracle a lot! So i can probably help you out with this issue.

For what i'm aware of, you can only have 1 primary key in a table but you can have multiple columns that together make up your primary key. 

The error "Violation of unique constaint" happens 99% of the time whenever you try to insert a key that already exists in your table. 

A way of solving this for you would be to make 2 streams out:

1 - Append Existing (only new inserts) -> Feed it with all fields including new pk's.

2- Update - Error on update failure -> Only feed it with the primary key fields and the fields that changed (in most cases you use this to give records a datetimestamp/close records).

Let me know if it works :-).

Greetings,

Seb

Labels