Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output data to a specific file, specific worksheet, specific table

dsevilimedu
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I am trying to output data to a specific file, specific worksheet, specific table (Table 2) in this worksheet. I am able to achieve it all except for outputting to the table. 

The workflow I have

1. Firstly, create multiple copies of the template based on the number of employees in a particular month with employee id as a filename

2. Then, based on employee id, workflow outputs data to each file, goes to a specific worksheet "Data point", and paste that employee data from cell A2 to AE15000. AF2 to AL2 has formulas.

I have an issue with step 2. I am trying to have my workflow output data to the table in the excel file.

When I used to do it manually, I copy and paste data in excel and it automatically converts (resized) to table, hence, formulas in column AF to AL were working. With workflow, I am able to output but its not within the table, hence formulas in column AF to AL not working.  

Also, when I open the file after workflow runs, I am getting an error

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

you need it in this format:

filepath(including excelfilename)|||`[sheetname]:A2:AE15000$`

so you have to concatenate [filepath] [sheetname] and [range]  as described above. - then you write to fullpath.

dsevilimedu
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the response.  What I have is the same as yours, I think (attached). Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Also, when I open the file, I am getting an error message "We found a problem with some content in XXX.xlsm. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes." How can I avoid this message? 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I don't believe Excel will be able to convert the data to table format when you do that from a workflow. Maybe try including those formulas in Alteryx so you don't need them in Excel. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

usually once the xml is broken on an excel file - it stays broken. try it on a file. I'll check on .xlsm files since I know much else about them.

Labels