Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output data to a custom template

qgpl
7 - Meteor

Hi all

I'm new to Alteryx (and to the data analytics world so definitely a complete beginner); I'm still going through the videos and lessons available on here, trying to understand everything! I learn better when I have something to work on so I thought I'd ask a question on here to get me started.

The data on the statement attached needs to output onto a custom template (1 test person, 1 template), how would you start this? I understand there could be many different ways but I'd like to get an insight and hopefully build a workflow by myself. 

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

This can be done, but updating template excel files can be a bit tricky so this may be a bit of an advanced example workflow.

Looping through all the car holders and posting dates will need a macro if you are wanting to create an output file for each so that will add to the complexity as well.

I would start with simply joining the two primary files together to get all the required data in one place.

You will also want to look up the blob input and output tools for use with template files.

Im happy to try to help, but wanted to set expectations.

qgpl
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much! It’s good to know that this can be done in Alteryx. I’ll definitely take your advice. I’m hoping to gain more understanding and familiarisation with the all of the tools available. Thanks so much for offering to help, I’ll definitely need it! 

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

This blog post has some good info on the blob tool and wiring to a custom template.

Give it a read and try to build out your workflow. If you get stuck, upload a copy of your workflow and we can assess and point you in the right direction.

Labels