Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output currency in Excel as number not string

RMotiwalla
8 - Asteroid

I am having trouble outputting data into Excel. I have invoices that include dollar amounts, but when I output to Excel in order to have the dollar sign I have to convert to a string.

Is there any way to output a column of currency as a number in Excel instead of a string?

3 REPLIES 3
danrh
13 - Pulsar

Look into the Reporting tools.  I used the Table tool to add a "$" prefix, then a Render tool to output.  In the resulting excel file, the number format ends up as "Currency" rather than text.

image.png

Hope it helps!

RMotiwalla
8 - Asteroid

Thank you danrh!!

brindhan
9 - Comet

I just tried this, and it works fine except for negative number which still remain as text on the excel output. I realized this is because I used a layout too later to arrange tabs...a warning saying "the current page layout will cause some data to be truncated"  Any ideas?

Ok problem solved- I had to change my report size into something bigger, thats all.

Labels