Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output & duplicate template file

Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Hello

Here is the situation I'm dealing with : 

I have a YXDB file with the informations from 100 employee.

I would like to output them into a template file (excel file) within a sheet called Alteryx. But in a way that duplicated that temple file for every employee.

So in the end, if I should have 100 excels files (one per employee) with different name and differents Alteryx tab (all the other tabs should remain the same) . I guess it requires a batch macro but not sure

Is that possible? 

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Hey @jdavey

There is no way (for the moment) to prevent the BAK files copies from being created.

You can read more about it here : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Make-backup-bak-file-creation-optional/idi-p/...

Cbennett022
8 - Asteroid

I think this approach may be able to help me but wanted to ask some additional questions. I have an excel template that is formula driven and pulls data from a 'Master Data Input' tab. There are seven sheets inside this excel that are populated based on this input tab.

The input tab has data grouped by company e.g. ABC, DEF, GHI etc.

The seven sheets pull the data and then calculate based off of each other. For example one sheet is year to date detail, the following is only Q1 the second is Q2, which pulls YTD and backs out Q1 and so on. 

Can I use this approach to replicate this workbook and all worksheets within it for each company code in the 'Master Data Input' sheet? It would create roughly 300 files.

Additionally, it would be ideal for each workbook to only contain the relevant company data on the input tab instead of the exhaustive list.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Cbennett022
8 - Asteroid

I have an excel template that is formula driven and pulls data from a 'Master Data Input' tab. The input tab has data grouped by company e.g. ARES, CAES, etc.

I am able to replicate my templates but the master data input tab contains data for all companies. Is there a way to have the master data file only include the company data for each respective template? The amount of line items may change depending on data so a static data range will not work.

image.png

data4accounting
7 - Meteor

I used the bottom half of this workflow to copy template files for each legal entity and it is incredible! Thanks! Alteryx seems to teach me something new every day that I can do. 

rrahu07
8 - Asteroid

@jrgo@Hakimipous  can you please help me with one of my questions? I posted it twice and still no luck. 

HELP!! - Alteryx Community

SH2023
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Hakimipous,

I saw your Alteryx workflow design file on the chatting. Do you have the 2 input data file on this workflow to be shared so that I can see the Output on the design.

Appreciate your help.

Labels