Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output a hyperlink to file location

ckestler
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to output a hyperlink to a file location with an app in the Analytics Gallery?

I am trying to output a formatted excel file using a template.  It works in the Alteryx Designer, but not when I save the app to the gallery, the output is no longer formatted. 

I have come up with an alternate solution, using the the xlsx package in an R node. Using this package, I can format the excel file and save to a specific file/location. I would like to output this location in the gallery app, so the user can just browse on their own to see the formatted output. Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ckestler Have a look at @michael_treadwell's first response to this post. For the link to display to the end user, you will just want to have the report tool save a specific output file like "test.pcxml".

Let me know if that doesn't solve your problem.

ckestler
8 - Asteroid

Because I am trying to link to a specific file location, this is not exactly what I wanted, but it will work. 

I ended up using a browse tool that displays the file path, then the user can copy/paste the path to browse to the location on their own. Thanks! 

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

You may want to explore the "file:///" path instead of "http://", but glad to see this is working!

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
ckestler
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately, this also does not work for me in the gallery. 

Labels