Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Tool

anupgupta12
8 - Asteroid

Hi There

Output tool is giving error :- "This process cannot access the file because another process has locked a porting of the file.

What's this error any idea, each time I get same error

14 REPLIES 14
anupgupta12
8 - Asteroid

Can you please share a workflow with that? it would be helpful for me to understand.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @anupgupta12 ,

I've attached the exported workflow containing the macro. This is the .yxzp file and you can only use this if you have the latest version of Alteryx.

If not, copy the .yxmc file to your macros folder (you can set this in Option->User Settings->Edit User Settings->Macros)

The workflow file (.yxmd) should then work when you open it.

You will need to change all paths in the input tool, and in the macro. Right click, open macro.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

I guess your file is being used by another process means its being written to by Alteryx in the other output tool. Both the output tools are trying to write to the same excel sheet at the same time. Your best option would be to use a Block Until Done tool to take up each output individually, like @mceleavey suggested! Hope this helps! 🙂

anupgupta12
8 - Asteroid

Its working now, Appreciate your help:-)

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels