Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Tool to Excel - Not writing data

ndreli
5 - Atom

My workflow produces 4 outputs to 4 sheets in the same Excel file.  They all have the same set up.  3 of them worked as expected except for the "Archive" output.  Though the message said that records were written.  The tab was missing in the Excel file.

If I deleted any one of other output connections, the "Archive" sheet would show up.  That tells me the setup for the "Archive" output should be fine.  Yet, when I reconnect all 4 connections, the "Archive" is missing again.

Is there any way I can resolve this issue?  Thank you!

ndreli_0-1580938266163.png

4 REPLIES 4
npeddagorla
7 - Meteor

In the configuration change the dropdown to Change File/Table Name

ndreli
5 - Atom

Change File/Table Name does not work. 

I appended a field "Path_Archive" with full path so that it can output to a file name with current time. 

The full path name also included the sheet name - here is the example:

\\xxxFolderxxx\P FCST Accuracy\P FCST Accuracy Data 20200205_1444.xlsx|||Archive

That is why I set the configuration to "Change Entire File Path" with a check on Take File/Table Name from Field.

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ndreli 

Just to close this thread out, we talked about this and the problem appears to have been with the sequencing of the blocking tools used to control when sheets are written to the various files. We implemented the blocking technique used in the Parallel Block Until Done CReW macro and that appears to have fixed the problem.

ndreli
5 - Atom

Thank you, Tony!  That is very helpful.

Labels