Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Tool : Invalid state to read file ERROR

JunePark
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm having errors with the output tool(maybe it was due to the 2020.3 update on September 1st).

Error Name : 'Invalid state to read file'

I've found out that the error appears only when if there is a file that already exists(ex. FS2.xlsx on the capture below).

If I delete the file FS2.xlsx then run the workflow, the output tool works well.

JunePark_0-1599060956990.png

30 REPLIES 30
EugeneM
5 - Atom

The same error. It seems that XLSX writer is broken. As the workaround - I have changed the output type of the file to xls (1997-2003) and it works. May be will be usefull for someone.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Interesting workaroung @EugeneM! Thanks for sharing 🙂 

VidakRajovic
5 - Atom

Is there any update to the issue regarding a hotfix? Assuming the output is not an excel file (rendering Eugene's solution mute) and it's not really feasible to remove all non-english characters, what would be the best course of action? 

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

I have the same issue after updating to 2020.3 and removing the special character from the path/file name fixed it.

side note - couldn't find this thread by searching "output data error invalid state to read file" in the alteryx community search, had to go to google and search "alteryx output data error invalid state to read file"

JunePark
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I've just read the new release note for Designer 2020.4 and found that the related issue has been solved.

JunePark_0-1605797255660.png

I didn't have the time to update, so haven't tried it out myself yet.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

When will this be pathed in 2020.3 - in a non-english country this is a major issue.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

They do not release updates for past versions. You should update it. 

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Unfortunately I know - but I think that is a major issue. This would mean that we have to do updates in the whole organization.

And who knows what bugs that might introduce.

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Temporally, I have to change the non-English file name to be all in English. And it works now. Hope it can be fixed soon. Just curious why it takes so long. It is already year of 1202.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JokeFun 

As @JunePark write, the problem is fixed at version 2020.4. It will not be fixed at old version.

Labels