Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Tool : Invalid state to read file ERROR

JunePark
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I'm having errors with the output tool(maybe it was due to the 2020.3 update on September 1st).

Error Name : 'Invalid state to read file'

I've found out that the error appears only when if there is a file that already exists(ex. FS2.xlsx on the capture below).

If I delete the file FS2.xlsx then run the workflow, the output tool works well.

JunePark_0-1599060956990.png

30 REPLIES 30
sparksun
11 - Bolide

yes,several friends experiened the same issue after upgrading to the new version.Hope it could be fixed ASAP.

ups366
8 - Asteroid

Hi, dear @JunePark @sparksun 

after upgraded to v2020.3.4.30228, I got same error message for the "Invalid state to read file", this is a critical bug for  output ( It seriously affected the work ! ). 

When will they fix it as you know ?   thanks a  lot !

XavierGT
5 - Atom

Same problem ...

My flow were working perfectly but since the new update "2020.30" nothing is working no more.

I hope that will be fixed very soon because that is a dealbreaker.

phil_rimmer
6 - Meteoroid

This is only happening to one of my workflows since upgrading, there are no strange characters.  Is there any update on this issue?

Jérémie
7 - Meteor

Hello there,

Just downloaded the new version 2020.3 and I am getting also this error! It's a big problem, most of my Workflows don't work anymore 😕

Jérémie

MPohlers
8 - Asteroid

I have the same problem since 2020.3.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@JohnPelletier @TylerNg @ClintonF FYI 😉

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
JunePark
8 - Asteroid

@ups366

Sorry for the late reply. Haven't heard of anything yet..
I also wish this gets solved soon. It's really annoying.

Biancaatnepa
5 - Atom

Just wanted to add a +1 since we are also facing this issue. Very inconvenient when the company's root directory has a big fat "ö" in the path.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I hope this problem is resolved soon.

Labels