Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Issue

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Team

This is my workflow. I need to push table2 into the main table based on the Date and the state. The 2 columns(In(Count) and Out(Count)) are also created to the main file. and they are then summed up.

How to I fit in data from my main table -

DateIn

In (Count)

OutOut (Count)
9/2/201930 15 
9/3/201920 13 
9/24/201910 12 
9/30/20195 9 

This is my other table2-

(this could be a State of In too - but right now the summarised output is as such - but it should factor the case ie if there is an In state)

DateStateCount
9/24/2019Out1

The output should be as such -

DateInIn (Count)OutOut (Count)
9/2/201930115 
9/3/201920 13 
9/24/201910 121
9/30/20195 9 
Total651491
5 REPLIES 5
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@henrygeorge what have you tried so far?  Can you post your workflow with sample data?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @henrygeorge ,

I think this could do it. This workflow takes into account the state and separates it into the two columns:

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

@afv2688 I have edited the data. The only problem I'll be facing with your workflow is that - My table2 is right now looks like this with a cross tab tool -

DateOut
9/26/20191

When joining this you created an empty col 'In'. I don't have an this right now...So how will it work in Join ie renaming a non existing col. But if it was there was I need to follow your logic (there is a chance it could be there as the above is summarised result)

Also I put empty columns in the main file In (count) and Out (count).

Please do Help me solve this

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

@afv2688 Would I need to use some kind of filtering?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @henrygeorge ,

You could add manually the column names like this:

Untitled.png

Is this what you are looking for? Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

Labels