Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output In different tabs - need to update every Single run.

Jaganmohan
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Could you please assist me on below issue (using 2019 version).

I need to create multiple sheets by using field name (Team), output option as a overwrite file(Remove) - Screenshot attached.

- if i opt for overwrite sheet (drop) - in case no information in a particular tab it was not replaced with the old tab content, still it showing old information for me.

- so i want to create new file with multiple tabs for every single run - Thanks in advance.

Jaganmohan_0-1656014027290.png

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Jaganmohan, your request is a little confusing as you mention not being able to overwrite, then finish off by saying you want to create a new file each time. Which one is it? Can happily provide a solution either way just need to know the desired outcome!

Jay-RDC
8 - Asteroid

You might need to create a batch macro for that so that you can dynamically update the sheet name by updating "|||Sheetname" in the filepath.

Jaganmohan
8 - Asteroid

Hi @DataNath,

thanks, i want to create a new file each time with multiple tabs.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Thanks for clarifying @Jaganmohan!

I recently built a macro that will do this for you. If you download it here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Output-to-multiple-Excel-files-or-sheets/t...

You can then insert it into your workflow by right-clicking on the canvas > Insert > Macro and navigating to wherever you saved it.

Plug your data stream into the input and configure it using the ‘Multiple sheets’ option! If you run into any issues let me know.

Labels