Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output File Name as Field: Check setting before continuing workflow

rgusaas
8 - Asteroid

I am building workflows that produce files that I want to save in the same folder as the original source file. 

How would you suggest I force the user, the Input Tool, or the workflow to provide the full path so I can split the source path and source filename for later use?

When dragging and dropping an excel or CSV file onto the Alteryx canvas, the Output File Name as Field defaults to "No."

This is a workflow built for others to use so I cannot control any personal preferences.

Thoughts?

FullPath.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you turn your workflow into an Analytic App/Wizard and configure a File Browse tool for the user to input their file, the file name output setting will persist.

Let me know if you have any questions on building that interface.

yaoerpi
7 - Meteor

@CharlieS Thanks for the reply. Im having the same issue here, any walkaround to suppress file name from file browser tool?

Labels