Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output Excel Sheet from Gallery - Select File Format -> Unknown File Type is only option

NicC
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I'm using gallery to allow folks to upload two Excel files, do some transformations and unions, and then download the new Excel file.

Everything is working great, except when I run it and try to download my file, it doesn't allow me to choose a file type.

NicC_0-1610507070144.png

In my workflow, I specify Excel format and provide it the .xlsx file type. Can someone help me fix this?

PS If I donwload it as 'unknown' type and add .xlsx to the file, it'll open as expected in Excel. My users just might get confused and struggle with that last random step.

NicC_0-1610507313386.png

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @NicC - This question belongs to the Server Discussion. However, if you want a user to be able to select a File Format on the Gallery you need to output to yxdb.

NicC
7 - Meteor

Hi @ArtApa - sorry for posting in the wrong forum! Should I re-post it there?

To your reply, unfortunately, despite switching it to yxdb output, I still get only the same 'unkown' option when trying to download my output from the gallery. Any other ideas? If achievable, it would save my team a ton of man hours.. so I'm really hoping to get it working.

NicC
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone - kindly checking again here. I'm not able to find documentation on this issue elsewhere, so help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels