Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Data

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I have two text inputs files in real  its an excel file and i m filtering the on FLAG = 1 on both the Data set and  i want this to be combined as one excel workbook and each sheet should have its sheet names tried union but the schema is different.

Any suggestions please.

11 REPLIES 11
Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @suby ,

You can do this using a "Block until done" so that it can write to the file for the first sheet and then will write the second sheet on top, make sure you put "Overwrite sheet or Range"

Each of those outputs will be to the same file, just a different sheet name. The block until done allows alteryx to write the first sheet and then only start to write the second once that is done to avoid errors! 

Please remember to accept as solution if this helps! 

NickC_0-1658414233921.png

suby
11 - Bolide

Can you please attach the workflow not getting the expected result by following the steps..

Many Thanks

Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @suby - Can I check which part isn't working?

Here's my workflow:

suby
11 - Bolide

Hey Nick,

Thanks for your solution but in my case i want to pick the Sheet Name from the Sheet Name column  from the  Text Inputs since i have huge number of Output to be written and i don't want to go and specify a name manually.

Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @suby 
Ah, sorry - I missed that bit! 

You can configure this in the output tool:

NickC_0-1658416210514.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@suby the below post also having the same use case as yours. The user want to read data from multiple excel files (in which multiple tabs) and combine all in one excel file with different sheets. Attaching the macro also for your reference. 

Note: in this case you no need to mention the sheet name , the macro is able to dynamically create the sheet names based on the input file

Solved: Re: Data input - Page 2 - Alteryx Community

binuacs_0-1658442848952.png

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi Binuacs,

Thanks.

In real scenario I'm taking an excel file with multiple sheets with different schema   say if have 54 sheets in total i have taken 30 of those sheets and did all the transformation logic and finally I'm overwriting those 30 sheets with my new transformation logic which is fine now.

The place where I'm stuck is say on my 30 sheets i have a FLAG column which holds 0 and 1 and and i have put a filter before the Output Data so that all records with 0  goes on my Output Data and overwrites.

what I'm looking for is on those 30 sheets i want all the records where FLAG =1 and then output those data in single workbook with 30 sheets.

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi Nick,

I tired your approach 

firstly i created a New workbook and call it as sheet 1 and applied the same configuration based on your screen shot and this for stream 1

then for the second stream i pointed the same workbook that was created and called as sheet 2 and applied your configuration based on  your screen shot and i'm not getting my expected results.

Thanks

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@suby @Can you provide sample  excel input files and expected output file 

Labels