community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Output Data to Named Range - Issue with first row

Asteroid

Hi All,

I am having an issue when outputting data to a named range in excel (.xls) file. Background - I am trying to populate an Oracle Journal Upload Template. I know there are probably better ways of doing this, but we are quite restricted at our company so need to do it this way (for now).

I have named the range I want to send the data to as "Journal_Detail", but I only want to send the data. Not the header. So have started my import on line 2. However this is giving me corrupted data in my output (ie converting the 1st row of data to string for field names and filling the blank cells as per below)

oracle.PNG

Does anybody know a way to overcome this? - I have considered Pre or Post SQL statements, but not sure how or possibly including the header and deleting somehow?

Thanks for your suggestions

Damien 

Alteryx
Alteryx

@DamienMinter 

Could you output it into a different sheet (raw data) and have this one mapped in Excel to the master without the headers?

Asteroid

Hi @MichalM, yeah that would have been the easy solution. Unfortunately, these templates are highly protected with VBA code that protects all the cells. They are the old Oracle upload templates if you have ever come across them and the versions we are using don't even work on 64bit excel due to how out of date the code is behind them. In any normal organization, we would be able to post directly to Oracle, but we move slow where I am. Appreciate your input though.

I think the issue is actually with the input tool rather than the output, but am no longer looking for a solution

Labels