Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Data into Excel sheet/ retaining Excel Pivot tables and Graphs

Arkouda
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

I'm running into an issue where my output file saves into a Excel sheet and I want to retain the Excel Pivot Table and Graphs. Everytime I run the command with new data it removes the pivot tables and I have to rebuild news ones

Is there a way where it just updates the sheet in the workbook and does not impact the pivot tables/graphs besides copying and pasting the data into another sheet - this is the error I get and removes the pivot table in the file when I execute the command. 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Arkouda_0-1586535481939.png

1 REPLY 1
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Arkouda,

I have just tested it and it seems like it's working if the Pivot-Table and Diagram is on another sheet and just referencing the original sheet. I still get a message but the pivot and graphs update just fine and aren't removed.

I have build a minimal workflow and two Excel files to test this.

grossal_0-1586536710085.png

I'll attach everything for you including the Excel files and you can see how it works. I think the key is to choose the option "Overwrite Sheet or Range" in the output and dropping and recreating the sheet.

grossal_1-1586536797838.png

Everything attached. Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex

Labels