Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Data Tool Error -- ORA-01008 -- Oracle Database

reyes258
5 - Atom

I am trying to output data into an Oracle database table.  I want the workflow to update existing data entries or insert new entries if new.

However, I am getting an odd error.  Can anyone offer some advice on how to fix this?  I am 100% sure that the field names are correct.

Error: Output Data (85): DataWrap2OCI::SendBatch: ORA-01008: not all variables bound

Insert into EMSRPT.IDOC_LOG(IDOC_NUM,CREATED_DATE,MSG_TYPE,BASIC_TYPE,STATUS,MSG_VAR,RESOLVED_FLAG,RESOLVED_DATE) Values (:A1,:A2,:A3,:A4,:A6,:A5,:A7,:A8)

Pic #1.pngpic #2.png

2 REPLIES 2
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

WOW, it's been a LONG time since I had to deal with bind variables in Oracle :)

Without going too far down the technical path, the easy Alteryx-style answer is "check your field mappings". There must be a field that is in the workflow that you're not linking properly in the output tool.  To solve that, the usual method I use is a Select tool just before the output so you can see what's going to be fed to the Output tool and you have a place to change datatypes (etc) if you need to

reyes258
5 - Atom

Thanks for the suggestion.  It looks like the issues was with the 'field type' of a variable.

I had one variable that was defined as a string in my Alteryx workflow, but is defined as an integer in my Oracle database.  Adding the select tool and changing the type fixed the error.

Thanks again.

Labels