Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Data Tool Error -- ORA-01008 -- Oracle Database

reyes258
5 - Atom

I am trying to output data into an Oracle database table.  I want the workflow to update existing data entries or insert new entries if new.

However, I am getting an odd error.  Can anyone offer some advice on how to fix this?  I am 100% sure that the field names are correct.

Error: Output Data (85): DataWrap2OCI::SendBatch: ORA-01008: not all variables bound

Insert into EMSRPT.IDOC_LOG(IDOC_NUM,CREATED_DATE,MSG_TYPE,BASIC_TYPE,STATUS,MSG_VAR,RESOLVED_FLAG,RESOLVED_DATE) Values (:A1,:A2,:A3,:A4,:A6,:A5,:A7,:A8)

Pic #1.pngpic #2.png

2 REPLIES 2
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

WOW, it's been a LONG time since I had to deal with bind variables in Oracle :)

Without going too far down the technical path, the easy Alteryx-style answer is "check your field mappings". There must be a field that is in the workflow that you're not linking properly in the output tool.  To solve that, the usual method I use is a Select tool just before the output so you can see what's going to be fed to the Output tool and you have a place to change datatypes (etc) if you need to

reyes258
5 - Atom

Thanks for the suggestion.  It looks like the issues was with the 'field type' of a variable.

I had one variable that was defined as a string in my Alteryx workflow, but is defined as an integer in my Oracle database.  Adding the select tool and changing the type fixed the error.

Thanks again.

Labels