Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Column

dgcolby
6 - Meteoroid

I am creating a workflow with an Output Column in which this Output Column will be used to group and summarize the data in the workflow. I just added a TEXT INPUT to use as a VLOOKUP table that JOINs into the workflow to populate more fields in the Output Column.

Is there a way that the outflow in the JOIN (J) can populate the Output Column? What is happening is my outflow JOIN (L) data is in the original Output Column, but the outflow JOIN (J) data is in a new Output Column.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@dgcolby You can use the L and J from the join tool with the union tool to stack the data on top of each other. This will give you both the L and J outputs from the join tool.

Dataset.PNG

More info can be found here. Is this what you are looking for?

Digan
Alteryx
dgcolby
6 - Meteoroid

When I follow your direction, I still get two separate columns of data when I want the data concatenated. 

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@dgcolby Do you have a sample dataset (before/after) that you can share? It will help paint the picture better. 

Digan
Alteryx
dgcolby
6 - Meteoroid

I attached a sample of the data after I cleansed for privacy issues. Inflow (L) JOIN tab, the highlighted column is what I am trying to recreate with OpCom View 1. Inflow (R) JOIN is the VLOOKUP table that is populating more of the null cells in Inflow (L) JOIN. 

The map tab is just a visual representation of what I am trying to do.

Outflow JOIN (L), OpCom View 1 is data I want and Outflow JOIN (J) OpCom View 2 is data I want, just want them in the same column.

Any suggestions?

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@dgcolby In essence, are you trying to create a new column with the same OPCOM VIEW column data? If that's not the case, I know you have the vlookup table (Inflow (R) Join) but what is the dataset you are trying to join into?

I know you want the Outflow JOIN (L) and Outflow Join (J) as a result. 

Digan
Alteryx
Labels