Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Alteryx Map on top of image in PowerPoint

justamfam
5 - Atom
Hello all,

I am trying to set up for a map image and icons to align as a PPT output in Alteryx. In the screenshot below, I cannot figure out in Alteryx how to remove the background and just keep the icons that I have chosen in my workflow. I know there are probably multiple ways to approach this, creating a PPT default template, etc. To give some context, the image of the map will remain static, but the icons will change and be updated in my workflow, daily.

(screenshot of my issue in PPT)
justamfam_0-1615917933878.png

screenshots of my workflow:

justamfam_1-1615918087481.pngjustamfam_2-1615918164012.png

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

JAF

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I know this doesn’t necessarily help but my advice would be to talk with your stakeholders about using one of the standard base maps available in the report map tool rather than trying to hack this together.

They may be willing to budge.

Ben

justamfam
5 - Atom

Thanks for your reply/suggestion. The client doesn't like any of the available maps, as there are many province names missing. The PNG image provides all critical province names. 

Separate from that issue, it appears when I render a PowerPoint, it asks to be repaired and doesn't just open normally...

justamfam_0-1616004550267.png

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Okay, being honest then I don’t think it’s possible, but I don’t know for sure so let’s see if anyone else can contribute!

Regards the repairing issue, have you run another example, say with a table tool to see if this works? Or checked the community for that specific issue? If you can’t find any detail on it I’d probably raise it to support@alteryx.com as this will be hard for anyone on the community to help solve!

Ben

justamfam
5 - Atom

I was able to find a solution by mutli-joining the two layers and placing a Visual Layout tool for making adjustments to placement.

justamfam_0-1616780704897.png
Within the visual layout tool, I was able to change the placement until it aligned. To get it to align, while testing I added province borders to the icon layer and then removed them for the final product:

justamfam_1-1616780877481.png

Final product in PPT:

justamfam_2-1616781039646.png

Thanks,

JAF

Labels