Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Outlook Attachment

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone-

I am working on extracting the latest email from Outlook and pull the corresponding attachment. The email comes in every 30 mins. I used the "outlook" input tool to pull all the emails having attachments and which were received today. Have following 2 questions :

1. can a condition be written within outlook tool to just pull the latest email based on the daterecievedin field.As seen below all 10 emails were extracted which came in after 1:30 pm out of which we just need the latest one- in this case 10/22/18 6 pm.outlookinputtoolv1.PNG

2. I tried pulling all emails generated after 1:30 pm ,saved the attachments at a location and assigned a dynamic RecordID to it -> retained the last record which is the most recent email. Question- once i have that information then how should i pull the corresponding attachment and save it to a different location. Also, the file i am trying to move around is a .xls which cannot be read. Following is the workflow.

outlookinputtoolv2.PNG

Will really appreciate some direction to get this logic work. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

For your 1st question, the answer may be yes, but I don't think the logic is there by default. The outlook connector is a macro and may be editable, if you right click on it you may get an 'open macro' option, which means you can edit the logic within it.

As for your second point, it looks like you are using the download tool to read in your file from the directory? You should be looking to use the dynamic input, or the batch macro provided in this post if you have no template that the file should meet.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-multiple-files-with-...

You will also need to create a chain which forces the outlook connector piece to run before the lower stream. I would think about having them in seperate workflows and then using the 'conditional runner' from the Crew macro pack to build this chain.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Crew-Macro-Pack-2016-Q2-Release/ba-p/26482

Ben

Labels