Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Out of memory, try increasing Memory Limit settings Error

allaine
5 - Atom

Hi,

Just wanted to ask for help for this error that I keep encountering. It is an error that I did not encounter using the same workflow as before. I think my laptop only has 8GB RAM and current Memory Limit set under Runtime settings is 2000.

allaine_0-1642609861651.png

5 REPLIES 5
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@allaine,

Please see below how you can change the settings :

messi007_0-1642611104317.pngmessi007_1-1642611133966.png

I recommande you to use 1024 Megabytes.

Regards,

BretCarr
10 - Fireball

This is a really bizarre error. I am literally counting the amount of rows (there is only ONE) and I'm running out of memory?? Doubtful. Something else is happening here.

DanielvanLeuzen
8 - Asteroid

I had the same issue, only trying to upload 1 row and got the out of memory error. I fixed it by changing the type of the fields and deselecting unknown fields. 

BretCarr
10 - Fireball

I feel horrible. I feel like I figured out what the problem was and now I can't remember to post! Can someone send me a benign workflow causing that error?

Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

I actually just encountered this error and resolved it.  The reason the error was popping up for me was that there was a join where records were null records were continually joining.  I didn't realize it until I saw how big the record count was getting.

Something to check just in case you have a data set that has null records potentially joining to other null records and creating a large Cartesian issue.

Labels