Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Other ways to generate failure notifications?

cmnflom
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have used other posts in this forum to guide me in setting up my email event notifications in Designer. Despite referencing what has worked for many others, I am unable to get my email tool or event notifications to work in designer. I have confirmed that I am using the correct SMTP server and port - but continue to get errors (Error: Email (3): Record#1: SSL Connection Error - Check the SMTP server address and port number) no matter how much I tweak all the other settings. I have also confirmed that my TelNet is enabled.

My question is this - has anyone found any other ways to generate run failure notifications aside from using the email tool or event notification?

I also wanted to know if it is possible to see a log of the back end code for each run? To aid in my troubleshooting or to potentially use some of the info in the log to send notifications in a different way.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @cmnflom 

Regarding the email, even if you have all the right info in place, there may still be some permissions issues. Ask your IT professional about the "Alteryx Service" user. Also, what email are you sending from? In my organization, we can only automate emails from a "noreply@....." service account. 

Other failure/error notes:
- Use the Test or Message tools to force errors and stop the workflow upon failure. 

- In Alteryx System Settings, you can set a logging directory and all workflows run by that machine will output a text log file to that directory. 

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@cmnflom 

There may be a restriction on your machine that prevents Alteryx from communicating on specific ports. You'll likely need to involve your organizations desktop/network support to see if that is the case and if the appropriate exceptions can be placed to allow Alteryx talk on whatever port your SMTP server communicates on.

Labels