We have extended our Early Bird Tickets for Inspire 2023! Discounted pricing goes until February 24th. Save your spot!

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer and Intelligence Suite.

Origination Date and Open Date (Date Time Tools)

BuchtaA
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all,

I have two inquiries:

1. I have populated a field titled "origination date" using data in another column. I need to make all of the dates the first day of their month (i.e. 01/07/2020 to 01/01/2020 and 03/27/2020 to 03/01/2020).

2. I have created a field called "Open Date," which will always be the first day of the previous month (i.e. Open date for the workflow run in September will be 08/01/2020, and in October it will be 09/01/2020). 

Please let me know if there is a good solution for these inquiries. 

Thank you

2020-09-22_10-55-26.png

4 REPLIES 4
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BuchtaA, take a look at @MarqueeCrew's Guide to Dates - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Marquee-Crew-s-Guide-to-Dates/ta-p/..., particularly the part about extracting date parts, and composing a string out of date parts. I think there are some good suggestions in that guide that will get you what you need.

Regards,

Brian

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @BuchtaA ,

Try this formula for open date

Left([Date], 3)+"01"+Right([Date], 5)

atcodedog05_0-1600799823597.png

Please find the workflow.

Hope this helps.

Per
11 - Bolide

Off the top of my head, these formulas should work if I understood you correctly:

DateTimeTrim([origination date],'firstofmonth')
DateTimeAdd(DateTimeTrim([origination date],'firstofmonth'),-1,'month')

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @BuchtaA — Try this solution...

Looks that your dates are not in standard format which Alteryx uses (YYYY-MM-DD), hence 1st you need to convert dates from string data type to Date data type, then use a Formula tool like below:

vizAlter_1-1600816567862.png

If it resolves your query please mark it "Solved" or "Solved" with a Like. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

Labels