Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Organize Data

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Dear All,

i am looking for solution to make the attached current dataset to be looks like the screenshot below, By create a new columns for each Value and each column Values to be either Yes or No or NA or blank based on the current value in the current dataset.

Untitled.png

3 REPLIES 3
mmenth
11 - Bolide

Hi @Mostafa_Anwar,

Try using the attached workflow. I made this with the assumption that the question attachments are always followed by their answer attachments, so all the 'questions' will be odd attachment numbers and all the 'answers' will be even. I use this odd/even trait in the workflow to help with grouping.

Best,

mmenth

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@mmenth nailed it! I employed the same methodology in my solution (and didn't post as fast as Megan). I'll go ahead and attach my version to show an alternative way to identify name/value pairings.

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Awesome!

Labels