Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Order of rows

Danilo9017
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

I am really struggling again the order of some rows. I have this input 

Danilo9017_0-1668707197421.png

But i want have this type order output: 

Danilo9017_1-1668707558326.png

Is it possible to obtain this output above with Alteryx ? Thank you!! 

Danilo 

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Danilo9017 

If you always have the same Type's, right before the table tool you could join your dataset with a text input that contain the expected order of types, and after the join, order by the RecordID

TypeRecordID
network_cost1
fee2
dispute3
dispute_reversal4
refund5
dispute6

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1668709122942.png

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Danilo9017 

The attached workflow with your data should get you to what you need. Exactly as @Felipe_Ribeir0 has mentioned, if there is a defined order for your output then you can just update the text input if that ever changes to match your own Record ID.

You just need to point the workflow to the folder you have the input saved in and should see the correct output.

Danilo9017
8 - Asteroid

Thanks to all for your reply !! and sorry for the delay of my answer it works perfectly 

Danilo

DenisZ
11 - Bolide

To order in the order you want you can use the same way that has been shown above. If my data initially is in the correct order and changes througout the workflow, you could add a RecordID at the start of the workflow just to keep track of the changes and then at the end just sort by RecordID. 

Labels