Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Oracle Upsert (insert / update)

travist6983
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to use alteryx to replace a different ETL tool and I am wondering if it is possible to use the Write Data In-DB tool to do an Upsert or an insert and/or update. With the output data tool there is an option for update; insert if new. Is there an options for this with any of the In DB tools?

5 REPLIES 5
Coxta45
11 - Bolide

I don't believe that there is an option to 'Upsert' with the In Database tools.  Your best option is to use the Data Stream Out to pull the data out of the In Database stream and then use a normal output tool to perform your 'Upsert'.

In_DB.JPG

Regards,

Taylor

travist6983
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Coxta45! You answered my follow up with the stream out tool!

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

Glad to help!

henry_mckeon
6 - Meteoroid

I miss this feature too... still using Pentaho fro Upserts...be good to see this as a feature in the tool.

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

This would make a great idea for our product ideas page.  If anyone would like to post it please visit http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas.  

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
Labels