Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Oracle In Db Connection - Error "SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed"

CatalinaQ
5 - Atom

Hi!

Hoping to get some ideas to help me resolve the issue with the set up of the In-Db connection for Oracle. I'm successful querying the data with a normal input tool leveraging and OCI connection. However, as I transitioned the query to In-Db connection using a file I get the following error even though the query was read successfully.

Connect In-DB (134) Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

any thoughts are appreciated!

CatalinaQ_1-1610405132657.png

CatalinaQ_0-1610405110373.png

4 REPLIES 4
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@CatalinaQ re-installing the drivers might help resolve this.

CatalinaQ
5 - Atom

Thank you! @RishiK just to clarify, you mean reinstalling the oracle client? or do you think just the ODBC drivers and changing the connection to that?

sd4w95sf8e
5 - Atom

Was anything ever found out with this?  We're running into the same issue on multiple machines and we've tried reinstalling the Oracle client, ODBC drivers, and even Alteryx and are still having issues.  What's really weird is that the connection works when the workflow runs but if we go into the query builder then we get that error.

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I am getting the same error of a recent Oracle connection. the query runs fine but after the first run I cannot edit the Table/Query section. 

I get the SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed error. 

This goes away temporarily if I close and reopen Alteryx. 

Any suggestions!!??

Labels