Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

[Oracle][Alteryx] Error when trying to create a Select with dates

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

I have been trying to make a select within two different timestamps, in the database. However no success.

Im new at SQL, so I'm sorry about the naive question. How can I fix this?

Joker_Hazard_0-1614725003395.png

Futhermore, is there any way to avoid using codification by using this screen? What is this "Criteria"?

Joker_Hazard_1-1614725114117.png

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Joker_Hazard 

I believe the issue is that Oracle has a default date/time format of DD-MMM-YY (or 02-MAR-21). I don't have an Oracle environment to test a solution for you, but you can find some ways to CAST the string to their format or change the timestamp format for the session all together if you're trying to make that start/end dates dynamic using a Dynamic Input tool.

If those dates are static, you can try entering the dates in that format and see if that works.

Hope this helps!

-Jimmy

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey Jrgo,

Thanks for the reply. I  tried using " ... BETWEEN "02-JAN-21" AND "02-FEV-21" but no success. 

Also I cant insert any tools before, because its the first step of my workflow, the input tool. 

I will try my best to discover why is it not working.

tks

Joker_Hazard_0-1614729705974.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Joker_Hazard,

Is the date field that you are using in your where clause a dynamic Date field?

If yes I would suggest you change it to a Static Date field and then try and use it in where clause.

Sapna Gupta
Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

It's "DateTime". I'm sorry but how can I change to static? I really have no clue about it

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Nevermind I was able to resolve the issue with a "ToDate" in the where clause. Tks guys

Labels