Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Optional Multiple List Box

BalOates
7 - Meteor

Hi - I am new to analytical apps, and am trying to get one working using multiple Lists.

I have 3 List boxes, and users may check from just one of the Lists, 2 of them or maybe all 3. The problem I have is that the app errors, if an item is selected from only one of the Lists, as nothing is selected in List 2 or 3. I have mocked up an example app using the same principle. In this example, the user might just select "Apple" in the "This week" list. This causes the app to error, as nothing is selected in the Vegetable selection or the Next Week tab. Is there anyway for me to get around the user not always selecting something from the list?

I will eventually be running an app on the Gallery (that uses these principles), so not sure if that will make a difference.

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @BalOates . This is an interesting problem. Let me know if the attached solves it. I changed the Fruit.yxdb and Vegetable.yxdb files slightly to avoid using ids and just the item name. Let me know if it doesn't work or if you have questions.

PhilipMannering_0-1633255846209.png

Thanks

Philip

BalOates
7 - Meteor

@PhilipMannering - Thanks so much! This looks like it will do the job. I do need it to update a different value (rather than the name displayed to the user, but I think I might be able to figure it out from here). Who knew it would be as simple as sticking in the "Or" operator in the replace section! I was trying to use the "Update Value with Formulae" Action, and was really struggling with it. I've mark it as solved!

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yeah, I've definitely done it like that before. Wish I'd thought of this at the time...

Labels