Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Opening Excel Attachments on Phone

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone-

I have an Alteryx WF which sends out report to the operations team everyday , one thing which was brought up was people who are using iphone are not able to open the files on there phones it shows the following error. I am using Render Tool (Output Mode: Choose a Specific Output File)  and then i create a file with ".XLSX" extension , followed by an Excel Tool to send out the reports. The files opens perfectly fine on the computer. Will really appreciate any help. Thank you .

excel_error.PNGrender.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @MD2050

Could you try outputting to XLS rather than XLSX and let me know whether it makes any difference?

Thanks

Michal

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello @MichalM-

Thank you for the reply.

I tired what you asked and the WF errors out showing following message . 

email_error.PNG

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx
Do you get the same error every time? Could you please post the workflow here so I can have a look?

Thanks
MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello @MichalM-

It was the first time I have encountered this error. I am sorry for not been able to share the Workflow however for testing purposes i created a small WF to o/p an XLS file as an email attachment and I was able to open it on my cell phone. Please note- this WF just have I/P tool ,Table Tool, Render and Email tool as compared to my original WF which has Header, Footer, Layout, Report Text before Render and Email. so i guess by adding all the reporting tool we cannot o/p as an XLS file. 

I tweaked my original WF by just adding Render & Table tool and emailing it out  after which i am getting following error . 

error.PNG

Thank you .

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@MD2050

Sharing the workflow would really help. Th error you're getting is non-specific and could be caused by number of reasons.

I'd suggest checking some of the suggestions in this post and if you're still experiencing the same issue please reach out to your Client Services Rep who will work with you directly to try to reproduce and fix it or escalate it through the proper channels. 

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Good Morning  @MichalM

Sincere apologies for not being able to share the workflow. Thank you for the suggestion,i will get with our IT to find out the Client Services Rep contact. Thank you for your help.

Labels