Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Open Error on Insert

BuckeyeJane
7 - Meteor

Getting an error in the following workflow because the join does not have any columns.  How do I change the workflow to only insert records to the Database when there are records from the the join?  This may sound like a crazy easy question but  I'm still learning how Alteryx works and thinks so your help is greatly appreciated.  :)

join.pngError.pngjoindata.png

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BuckeyeJane 

I'm not sure how your Output is configured, but you could try to add a Message Tool before the Output Data tool.

Set "Before Rows Where Expression is True" , add the Formula [_RecordNumber_] = 0 and Message Type to "Error - And Stop Passing Records Through This Tool".

Let me know if it works. I think it depends a lot if you have Pre-SQL Statements and Post-SQL Statements as well.

Cheers,

BuckeyeJane
7 - Meteor

Thank you, 

For some reason it didn't like the  [_RecordNumber_] = 0 portion.  But added a record count tool prior to the Message tool and used the count field.  And it stopped trying to write a records.  But, it does include an additional message When it runs the error message is shown in the messages and its registered as  a critical error,  

So far it looks to be the answer and working well. The only testing i need to complete is having it run on a schedule. 

Thank you Very much for your help. 

Labels