Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Open Error on Insert

BuckeyeJane
7 - Meteor

Getting an error in the following workflow because the join does not have any columns.  How do I change the workflow to only insert records to the Database when there are records from the the join?  This may sound like a crazy easy question but  I'm still learning how Alteryx works and thinks so your help is greatly appreciated.  :)

join.pngError.pngjoindata.png

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BuckeyeJane 

I'm not sure how your Output is configured, but you could try to add a Message Tool before the Output Data tool.

Set "Before Rows Where Expression is True" , add the Formula [_RecordNumber_] = 0 and Message Type to "Error - And Stop Passing Records Through This Tool".

Let me know if it works. I think it depends a lot if you have Pre-SQL Statements and Post-SQL Statements as well.

Cheers,

BuckeyeJane
7 - Meteor

Thank you, 

For some reason it didn't like the  [_RecordNumber_] = 0 portion.  But added a record count tool prior to the Message tool and used the count field.  And it stopped trying to write a records.  But, it does include an additional message When it runs the error message is shown in the messages and its registered as  a critical error,  

So far it looks to be the answer and working well. The only testing i need to complete is having it run on a schedule. 

Thank you Very much for your help. 

Labels