community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

Open All Workflows in same session

Asteroid

Is there a simple way to make all workflows open in the same session of Alteryx? Every time I click on an Alteryx file it opens a new session.  I think I read this was addressed in the recent version but can't find the configuration setting (if it exists. 

Bolide

Not sure if click/open all is an option anywhere but I usually just drag the yxmd file from file explorer into the work space of an open file and it opens in that instance of alteryx.

I just tried dragging 2 files at once and they both opened.

Alteryx
Alteryx

This was changed in v11.5.

The option is in User Settings >> 'Open Alteryx files as new workflow tabs in same Designer window.'

Asteroid

I installed 11.5 and have the option checked off. 

However, if I double-click on an Alteryx file in the Windows explorer and Alteryx, is already open, it still opens up a new "session" of the app.  Do I need to restart to get this feature working? Maybe the new feature is doing something different than what I am expecting?

I feel like this should be basic functionality. Am I crazy?  It is annoying to end up with 3 - 4 sessions open (or having to only open the workflows from the File menu. 

Regards,

Adam

Alteryx
Alteryx

I don't know for sure, but that's definitely the kind of setting where I would think restarting Alteryx would be needed. 

Labels