Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

OneDrive Tools on Alteryx Server Issue

fitzgerald2022
7 - Meteor

I have created a flow that utilizes the Onedrive Input and Output tool that works on my desktop. When I push the workflow to the Alteryx server I get the following error: 

• Error: Unable to resolve plugin Python 'one_drive_input_v1.0.2\main.py' (Tool Id: 80)

Anyone know how I could fix this error (I am assuming it has something to do with server not having access to the file or something like that)?

9 REPLIES 9
DanC

Hi @fitzgerald2022!

Thanks for you post. Can you confirm that the Alteryx Server has the OneDrive tools installed?

Thank you!

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.
fitzgerald2022
7 - Meteor

Yeah I guess I didn't realize it needed to be installed on the server as well to work. Thank you for the help I reached out to our server admin.

DanC

You're very welcome, @fitzgerald2022!

Dan Chapman
mc_wallendjack
8 - Asteroid

Greetings @DanC

I wanted to piggy back off of this topic as well. 

Would you know how to download the Predictive Tools as well as Community Gallery Macros onto the Server? 

I am trying to run a workflow that I created on Designer. This had various Macros as well as Predictive Tools. However, when I try to run this on the Server I get an error regarding these tools. 

Thank you. 

sean_bolte_dup_544
8 - Asteroid

To add to the piggyback of @mc_wallendjack, here's my pile-on. This is being installed in a secure environment where I need to whitelist all external calls. I've done so for https://files.pythonhosted.org, and based on this error I'm making an assumption some other call to install an r package is also in the script?

OneDrive_Error.JPG 

@DanC, can you help confirm the URL's for additional calls that might be embedded in the install script, or if there are other underlying dependencies that need to be squared away?

Thanks!

Sean

DanC

Hi @mc_wallendjack,

Sorry for the late reply. The Alteryx Server admin would need to install the Predictive tools on the Designer on the server the same way they are installed on the stand alone Designer. Regarding tools downloaded from the Gallery, they should be downloaded and then opened using Designer on the server - running as a admin - and then run. The Gallery tools should be downloaded as a .yxi file. If they are downloaded as a .zip file, which will happen when using IE, the extension should be changed to .yxi, and again, opened in Designer on the server, running as an admin, and run from there.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Dan Chapman
DanC

Hi @sean_bolte_dup_544,

As this may be more than just a whitelist issue, please email support@alteryx.com so that we may better troubleshoot and assist you.

Thank you!

Dan Chapman
sean_bolte_dup_544
8 - Asteroid

@mc_wallendjack @DanC @fitzgerald2022

With the guidance of Alteryx support, the following was performed, and led to a successful installation!

1. Close Alteryx Designer 
2. If it doesn't exist, create file %APPDATA%\pip\pip.ini (ex: C:\Users\my_user\AppData\Roaming\pip\pip.ini)

**Note that you may have to create pip folder + pip.ini

3. add following content (with same indent):
[global]
trusted-host = pypi.python.org
               pypi.org
               files.pythonhosted.org

Our SA's whitelisted the indicated sites in the created .ini file with the 4 lines in step 3

https://pypi.python.org

https://pypi.org

https://files.pythonhosted.org

Sean

helpfultoaster
Alteryx
Alteryx
Labels