Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

OneDrive Tool on Alteryx Server Issue (#2)

Highlighted
Meteor

I am getting an error when I try to run the OneDrive Tool on Alteryx Server (Yes, it is installed on the server) and it works on my desktop.

I am assuming the issue is that the Onedrive tool has to access a site that isn't whitelisted on my server. 

How do I figure out what sites the Onedrive tool is trying to access?

zackfitz_3-1578927364913.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hello @zackfitz ,

If I am understanding this well you have a problem with some of the sites you are trying to acces through a workflow.

Maybe you could create a batch macro and try to access the pages one by one. This would give you the record and therefor a hint on which pages are not accessible.

I really don't know if this is the issue.

Regards

Highlighted
Meteor

The question is more that I don't know what sites the OneDrive tool is trying to access. I can't seem to find the documentation or look into how the tool is built to see what sites it is pinging.

Alteryx Partner

It's not likely the sites is the issue but more about how the credentials are getting stored when you're publishing to the gallery. Can you share an example with us on what you have built and how you have it working on your desktop? We need to ensure that the credentials are being saved. 

Highlighted
Meteor

When I sign-in on my desktop I get a popup window to give my username and password. Obviously I can't get to that popup once it is on the server so that might be part of the issue.

Alteryx Setup

zackfitz_0-1579183836741.png

Updating Media

Microsoft Setup

Authentication Page

zackfitz_2-1579184537747.png

Highlighted

@zackfitz I'm sorry to see you are running into issues with running this tool on the server. We have some troubleshooting steps for version 2019.3+. Please contact Support and they will help you out!

Sophia Fraticelli
Premium Support Advisor
Alteryx, Inc.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Do you know what types of restrictions may be in place on your server environment in terms of IT? For example, in our data center environment, I had to create a logical profile because my personal profile was not syncing in the environment due to how the OneDrive suite was installed and setup by IT. 

The permissioning via AD was at issue, because our IT teams consider datacenters to be non-managed environments, therefore restricted from many functions available on the desktop - O365 activities being impacted greatly. Basically, the non-managed manifests itself in no SW pushes happening to that environment since those activities are left to admins/system admins. Just a thought, since you appear to be having authentication issues, and AD/Oauth2 services get caught in that net. 

Labels